18 Febbraio 2021
Arrivato da poche ore il comunicato stampa Acer che annuncia l'arrivo del prossimo terminale Android Donut 1.6 con risoluzione 800x480. Il terminale (la foto è simile alla realtà ma non sara esattamente cosi) ha un processore SnapDragon da 1ghz (al momento attuale però sembra girare a circa 800 Mhz) 256MB di RAM e supporto per il grafica avanzata 3D. Non mancano ovviamente GPS, wi-fi, bluetooth, fotocamera da 5 megapixel e alcune particolarità che Acer ha introdotto e che presto verrano svelate. Di seguito il comunicato stampa inglese:
ACER LIQUID: The Future Now
The world’s first Snapdragon™ and Android™ 1.6 smartphone
The Future has arrived with Acer Liquid
Acer introduces its new smartphone “Liquid series: the world’s first Qualcomm Snapdragon™ processor based and world’s first Android™ 1.6 high definition smartphone, combining cutting-edge technologies, software innovation and an ultra-fluid user interface to create an all-new mobile experience. It is the ideal solution for users demanding the best from their devices, and in particular outstanding multimedia, web browsing, social media integration and video streaming. It also brings smartphone product design forward with its unique and modern style.
Finally something different
Acer Liquid is the first Wide-VGA smartphone in the market benefiting from the latest release of the Android™ 1.6 Operating System (aka Donut) and the first Android™ smartphone in the market equipped with the powerful Qualcomm Snapdragon™ processor.
This platform brings to market unique benefits for the end users and paves the way for a new wave of innovations from the developer community:
- With its High Definition capacitive touch screen (Wide VGA), Acer Liquid offers today an unparalleled experience when watching pictures or videos. But it also holds a promise for the future: the promise of an abundance of new applications on Android™ Smart Handhelds - games, professional applications and web applets that will enrich the end user experience. Now developers can be assured that their investment will build upon a standard resolution for the years to come;
- Powered by the Qualcomm Snapdragon™ processor, Acer Liquid provides instant access to web pages, smooth streaming of videos or music, and instant response from popular mail, maps and search applications. The high-speed processing capability and high-speed internet access (HSPA) of Snapdragon™ brings to life the Android™ experience: no idle-time, almost instant uploads of web pages and downloads of rich multimedia contents. The developer community can now take full advantage of these capabilities to bring to market innovative applications that demand raw computing power and superior handling of 3D graphics.
Unique software enhancements
Acer Liquid also bolsters a set of unique features developed by Acer and its partners:
- Improved power management to help achieve longer battery autonomy for intense users;
- A new user interface with easy access to entertainment and web bookmarks;
- An optimized camera with geo-tagging, ISO, self-timer options and accelerated auto-focus performance;
- Exclusive Spinlets™ application providing free streaming of worldwide music and video, that can be shared with friends and family through web-posting or e-mail;
- Smart integration of Facebook™, Twitter™, Youtube™, Picasa™ and Flickr™ in the address book, with realtime notification of status or content updates.
A refreshing alternative to square shapes
With ellipse curves, a choice of red, white and black colors, and a slim body shape, Liquid will please style-seeking consumers. Designed for ergonomy, Liquid fits well in the hand, and displays a smooth finish. The fluidity of its curves gives the Acer Liquid its unique character and unconventional style.